Sosua bachelor parties are sort of recent compared to Vegas. The term bachelor party brings to mind a 1987 flick starring a young Tom Hanks, which became an instant hit. Since then, old and new generations have been influenced by other films such as the Hangover I, II and III, and more recently, Bachelor Night ( 2014 ). The Dominican Republic is a natural choice to host parties due to its beautiful location and scenery, mixed with a pure Caribbean lifestyle unmatched by other islands. Locations such as Sosua became the place to go for bachelors when tourism started to boom in that Northern beach town back in the 1980`s.
After decades of all-inclusive resort options, the area now offers a wide range of private villa rentals in close to perfect locations where parties with DJs are the norm. Many destination weddings also are celebrated in the area of Sosua, no wonder why bachelors flock into the town in search of rhythm and wild parties when the social networks spread the news. Local clubs and discos get busy at night, with travelers from all over the world.
TYPES OF BACHELOR PARTIES
Although most people believe a bachelor party involves unlimited booze and strippers ( since the 19th century ), there are other types of bachelor parties that are often explored for those with a more conservative view on the subject. Bachmasters is the first list that comes to mind, and they have it listed among 4 categories: The Savages ( drink it all, hit on `em all girls, pass out, movie-like kind of party). Then there are The Actives: these friends just want to take advantage of the occasion to participate in activities among each other, such as riding motorcycles, participate in water sports, and anything that will bring the group together as a team.
Third they list The Ballers: the high income fellas that pay the VIP lounge, top villas or suites, and high end entertainment; the work-hard, play-hard kind of guys who can afford the fine end of living and partying. Finally, the list ends on The Buds, those small budget friends that do not care about fancy lifestyles but can have a good time drinking beer and sharing with their friends on a budget. Then there`s The Travelers, those who would only have a bachelor party in their own private villa or penthouse, usually in Vegas or the Caribbean. That type of bachelor party usually involves outdoor activities ( ATV tours, Golf, fishing ) and yacht parties, the type where Latin females replace strippers with bikinis and mojitos. Sosua bachelor parties are more vacation-type, involving lot of tours and camaraderie among the guys.
TOP BACHELOR PARTY MOVIES
Getting ideas for the ultimate bachelor party is easy, there are tons of great films on the subject. In the old days, watching a movie on bachelor parties was an excitement builder – and it`s so much fun to watch– even the old classics. This selection is hand-picked to save you time, from the best of Youtube.
2009 THE HANGOVER
2008 BACHELOR PARTY 2
LAMMON RUCKER`S BACHELOR PARTY
2014 BACHELOR`S PARTY
1984 CLASSIC: BACHELOR PARTY
THE MAKING OF A BACHELOR PARTY
KEYS TO A SUCCESSFUL BACHELOR PARTY:
- Force your buddies to surprise you
- Keep it small
- Be considerate of everyone’s budget and travel
- Pull the reins on the strip clubs
- Make it your own
Author Brandon Hoang wrote an article for the Huffington Post that clearly summarizes the keys to having a truly successful bachelor party, taking care of all the guys and keeping control on the strip clubs – the hardest requirement for some guys!
Events Consultant Carrie Dayton published a how to guide in a single post, on etiquette and tips for planning a bachelor(ette) party, summarizing on a list whose responsibilities are, what rules to follow, who must contribute to the event and what to avoid to make it truly memorable for everyone involved.
The Dominican Republic`s top destinations are Punta Cana and Puerto Plata, and the latter has more appeal in its beach side towns of Sosua and Cabarete – surfing capital of the Caribbean and a unique mix of lifestyles from countries as far as the the Nordic sea.
WHAT TO DO TO SET UP THE EVENT:
- Find a good location away from next door neighbors: a private villa rental in Sosua. Golden Treasures real estate provides an extensive catalog ranging from luxury to standard; rates vary accordingly.
- Make sure the villa concierge arranges transportation ( private driver with van costs around $100/day for a group ) and can include the airport transfer in the rate.
- Might help to include a private chef to cook for the group, what`s a bachelor party group in a villa without a chef to save time and add convenience over a hangout time.
- Make arrangements to get a DJ and a led light set up for the party, widely available in Sosua through any villa concierge.
- Make a list of local clubs and if needed find out costs to secure the VIP area. The Top club in Sosua is D`Clasico, on Pedro Clisante street. FYI: the place is a tourist spot where local call girls gather to offer themselves to male tourists, hard to tell which ones are just normal visitors.
- A private yacht party can spice up the trip, a 20 people tour costs around $700 if booked through the villa rental agent, as a discount for the added business.
BACHELOR PARTY VILLAS
Sosua Villa Rental
Located in the close to the center of town, this 9 bedroom villa rental is one of Sosua`s top private rentals. Two swimming pools, pool house, fully equipped and furnished.
Beach Party Villa Rental
Beach party villa located 10 minutes from the center of Sosua, a very large property with spa, outdoor dining area, large outdoor jacuzzi and clubhouse bar with pool table and lounge.
Luxury Mansion Rental
This mansion rental in Sosua is the ultimate vacation party villa to party like a movie star. 10 suites, grotto, cascading pools, large bar gazebo, shallow spa pool and more...
Luxury Oceanfront Villa
This ocean front luxury villa offers top class accommodations with oversized suites, luxury interiors, bar under veranda, private pool, oceanfront terrace, and second level gazebo.